- This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 hours, 4 minutes ago by .
Viewing 4 reply threads
Viewing 4 reply threads
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Learn to play blues guitar.
Home › Forums › Showcase Your Playing › Using ideas in ML 147 to create a Memphis R&B Guitar Part
I put together a backing track and composed a rhythm part in the style of Steve Cropper using ideas I took from ML 147. There are some useful ideas in that lesson. Hope you enjoy it
Steve Cropper – Memphis R&B Rhythm Over A 6/8 Ballad
Loved the Steve Cropper vibe!
Joe
The sight of a touch, or the scent of a sound,
Or the strength of an Oak with roots deep in the ground.
--Graeme Edge
Glad you liked it.
I had to go back and look at ML147, but I see what you did there. That was some buttery smooth playing Barry.
Root note patterns >>> CAGED shapes >>> TRIAD'S. Just put in the work and watch your guitar skills soar.
A lot of good ideas in ML 147 that can be applied to different styles of music. I just moved them around a bit.
Beautifully played Barry. Cool guitar work layered over your backing track. All the best! 😎🎸😎
Thanks Garry. Glad you liked it
I like how took ideas from Brian and made your own rhythm track. I like these double stops and the 6/8 vibe.
Well played with a sweet clean tone.
More Blues!
I am glad you liked it.
Enter your email address below to have the weekly guitar lesson delivered to your email address. I take privacy very seriously and will not share your email address.