- This topic has 53 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by .
Hi Active Melody Community!
Please watch the video above and read instructions below carefully as things have changed a little for this month’s challenge.
Pick any Active Melody lesson that you have not previously recorded or learned.
YOU PICK THE LESSON!!!
**If you need assistance with how to record yourself and post to the forum see this post and/or private message me and I will be happy to help you out.**
GOALS FOR MEMBER CHALLENGE:
1. All Playing Levels: Learn a lesson you haven’t yet and have fun!
2. Participation Goal: 20 Active Melody Member Participant Videos/MP3 posted.
GROUND RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. Pick the lesson you want to do as soon as possible. This can be from the Beginner’s course, Hendrix course, or any other Active Melody lesson.
2. Reply to this post with the lesson “EP” number or Pre “EP” title and commit yourself to submitting it by the deadline.
3. Post your Youtube, Vimeo, or Soundcloud links of you playing your selected lesson anytime between Friday, January 27th to Sunday, January 29th. (i.e. The last weekend of January.) Please do not submit earlier. I think it is fun to see everyone’s posts at once.
4. Submit individually in the “Showcase Your Playing” forum. Title your posts “January 2017 Open Challenge Response – [Your AM Screen Name]”
5. If you submit more than one video for the challenge. Please indicate which video you want in the consolidated post. Bryce will pick his favorite if one is not indicated. ☺
6. Have fun and don’t be intimidated by these challenges!!! Use these challenges to help you set goals and complete them by a deadline. You can also use this as an opportunity to chat with your fellow Active Melody members and share tips or tricks on this challenge that you think are useful.
7. In my opinion, it is better to show progress versus perfection with these challenges. So if you are a beginner and can only play the first couple of measures. That is completely ok. If you play two more measures of the next challenge piece than you did the previous one, you are on track to getting better. This is what these challenges are about…you learning guitar and getting better. Remember we are all here to support you no matter what your current playing level is.
I look forward to seeing everyone’s posts! Happy Picking!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.