- This topic has 31 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by .
Hi Active Melody Community!
Let’s all get creative with this month’s site member challenge. I want to hear YOU improvise!
So here’s how it works:
1) Download the MP3 Jam track from Lesson EP223
2) Improvise a lead on top of that jam track that uses both the MAJOR and MINOR pentatonic scales. Don’t get overwhelmed by this, just make sure you touch on both scales. Your lead can be as long or short, fast or slow as you want. It’s totally up to you!
3) Let’s all comment (as always) on each others work and learn from each other. 🙂
**If you need assistance with how to record yourself and post to the forum see this post and/or private message me and I will be happy to help you out.**
GOALS FOR MEMBER CHALLENGE:
1. Beginners & Intermediate: Play the lesson as shown by Brian.
2. Advanced: Create a new fill lick or two in the style of the lesson.
3. Participation Goal: 50 Active Melody Member Participant Videos/MP3 posted.
GROUND RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. Post your Youtube, Vimeo, or Soundcloud links of you playing your chosen lesson anytime between Friday, September 7th through Sunday, September 9th, 10:00 pm CST. Please do not submit earlier. I think it is fun to see everyone’s posts at once.
2. Submit individually in the “Active Melody Member Challenge Response Submissions” forum. Title your posts “August 2018 Challenge Response – [Your AM Screen Name]”
3. If you submit more than one video or audio link for your challenge submission, please indicate in your challenge post which link you want to be added to the consolidated post. I will pick my favorite if one is not indicated. Only one video or audio link per member will be posted in the consolidated post. This saves me time and allows me to see more of my family on challenge submission weekends.
4. Have fun and don’t be intimidated by these challenges!!! Use these challenges to help you set goals and complete them by a deadline. You can also use this as an opportunity to chat with your fellow Active Melody members and share tips or tricks on this challenge that you think are useful.
5. In my opinion, it is better to show progress versus perfection with these challenges. So if you are a beginner and can only play the first couple of measures. That is completely ok. If you play two more measures of the next challenge piece than you did the previous one, you are on track to getting better. This is what these challenges are about…you learning guitar and getting better. Remember we are all here to support you no matter what your current playing level is.
PREMIUM MEMBERS: DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE ACTIVE MELODY T-SHIRT CHALLENGE:
Premium members can earn a free AM T-Shirt as indicated here:
I look forward to seeing everyone’s posts! Happy Picking!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.