Home › Forums › Showcase Your Playing › IMPROVISING ON EP 627 MAJOR AND MINOR TRIADS!!!
- This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 5 days, 6 hours ago by
AndréM.
-
AuthorPosts
-
-
September 27, 2026 at 2:31 pm #423587
Hello my dearest AMers ♥️ 💖 💓
This lesson wasn’t that popular but it intrigued me and I set myself the challenge to play different triads from Brian,on strings 2,3,4 rather than 1,2,3,!
I hope you like my version!
-
This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by
charjo.
-
This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by
-
September 27, 2026 at 3:01 pm #423589
Oh, I remember that lesson well. I played it so many times over and over due to the addictive sound of the progression. You have a very unique take on it that changes the overall vibe.
The triads in the original version were mainly on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd strings, so do you mean the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string triads? Either way, your improv on it came out real good, so you can be proud of that result. Plus you made me review that composition again.
Root note patterns >>> CAGED shapes >>> TRIAD'S. Just put in the work and watch your guitar skills soar.
-
September 27, 2026 at 3:13 pm #423590
You are absolutely right!!!!How silly of me!!!I counted them upside down!How embarrassing 🤩🤩🤩
-
September 27, 2026 at 3:35 pm #423593
It’s alright, I knew what you meant to say. Great improv.
Root note patterns >>> CAGED shapes >>> TRIAD'S. Just put in the work and watch your guitar skills soar.
-
-
September 27, 2026 at 4:14 pm #423596
Helen
Great to hear you again. This was really sweet and your tone is engaging. Your chording (rhythm) compliments your lead masterfully. (No easy task). Thanks for sharing. It’s always a pleasure and thank you for your continued inspiration. Keep on!!! 🎸John
-
September 27, 2026 at 4:54 pm #423597
This is outstanding Helen. You definitely know how to create beautiful melodic lines and phrasing, one of your best! Also your tone and quality recording here is pristine. Are you recording on your phone, through an interface, DAW, live through a mic? I’d be interested to know. All the best! 😎🎸😎
-
September 28, 2026 at 2:25 am #423603
Thank you so much dear Garry 😘
I don’t record with my phone!I use a laptop and Daw Cubase!I follow Geoff’s method so I use my amp and connect it to the sound card!
I’m totally ignorant of tones and stuff like that🤣🤣🤣🤣
-
-
September 28, 2026 at 10:05 am #423606
Well its been a little while since I last heard you play so I am really glad to see you back again.
You haven’t lost your touch at all and this sounds beautiful. As always, you are very creative and i always enjoy hearing you put your own ideas on Brian’s lessons 😎
-
September 28, 2026 at 5:01 pm #423618
This was very well played Helen. I’m just beginning to experiment with triads but you seem to have it down beautifully. I love the melody and your tone.
Joe
The sight of a touch, or the scent of a sound,
Or the strength of an Oak with roots deep in the ground.
--Graeme Edge-
This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by
JoeD1.
-
This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by
-
September 29, 2026 at 11:01 am #423627
Very soulful playing and so many excellent ideas!
Dieter
-
September 29, 2026 at 11:54 am #423631
Sounds great, Helen. Wonderful job of enhancing this lesson.
James
-
September 29, 2026 at 4:58 pm #423640
Beautifully played Helen , great use of triads throughout, sweet and melodic with excellent phrasing.
Martin
-
September 30, 2026 at 8:56 am #423645
Very fluid playing Helen, precisely played and your setup sounds great! Much enjoyed.
Chuck
-
October 2, 2026 at 2:57 am #423821
Dearest Helen – it’s been quite a while since we last spoke – SORRY 🥰🥰😘😘. I’ll send you a message privately to let you know how things are going 😍😍
Regarding your performance here – WOW, WOW, WOW 😲😲 Such delicate touches and feeling you put into this – your timing, tone and precision were all professional standard 👍. You’ve performed some excellent tunes and songs in the past, but this one is outstanding – I’m seriously impressed 👏👏👏
As always, lots of love – and speak soon ♥️♥️♥️
-
October 2, 2026 at 3:16 am #423823
Great rendition Helen! Loved your creativity, reinterpreting the original piece in a different and beautiful way!
It’s definitely the main goal of the Brian’s lessons, being able to create something of your own, and you definitely has hit the target.
Delicate and soulful touch on your guitar, very enjoyable melodies and great tone!Guido
-
October 2, 2026 at 12:08 pm #423924
Really smooth and clean playing! Fantastic job 👍
-
October 2, 2026 at 10:04 pm #424008
Excellent Helen,very nice improv.
AndréM
AndréM
-
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.