- This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 2 days ago by .
Hi Active Melody family!
So here’s how it’s going to work this month:
1) Open Challenge – Play any solo composition (“no accompaniment”) song that you want from the ActiveMelody catalog or anything that you have written. Here is a list of all “No accompaniment” songs available at ActiveMelody
2) Don’t play cover songs – for copyright reasons
3) You can use any effect that you want – but stay away from multi-track recordings.
**If you need assistance with how to record yourself and post to the forum see this post**
GROUND RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. Post your Youtube, Vimeo, or Soundcloud links of you playing your chosen lesson anytime between Friday, October 30, through Sunday, November 1, 10:00 pm CST. Please do not submit earlier. I think it is fun to see everyone’s posts at once.
2. Submit individually in the “Active Melody Member Challenge Response Submissions” forum. Title your posts “October 2020 Challenge Response – [Your AM Screen Name]”
3. If you submit more than one video or audio link for your challenge submission, please indicate in your challenge post which link you want to be added to the consolidated post. I will pick my favorite if one is not indicated. Only one video or audio link per member will be posted in the consolidated post. This saves me time and allows me to see more of my family on challenge submission weekends.
4. Have fun and don’t be intimidated by these challenges!!! Use these challenges to help you set goals and complete them by a deadline. You can also use this as an opportunity to chat with your fellow Active Melody members and share tips or tricks on this challenge that you think are useful.
5. In my opinion, it is better to show progress versus perfection with these challenges. So if you are a beginner and can only play the first couple of measures. That is completely ok. If you play two more measures of the next challenge piece than you did the previous one, you are on track to getting better. This is what these challenges are about…you learning guitar and getting better. Remember we are all here to support you no matter what your current playing level is.
PREMIUM MEMBERS: DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE ACTIVE MELODY T-SHIRT CHALLENGE:
Premium members can earn a free AM T-Shirt as indicated here:
I look forward to seeing everyone’s posts! 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.