- This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 5 days, 5 hours ago by .
Hi Active Melody family!
Here’s the link to the video that I was referencing the the challenge video above. Watch it if you haven’t yet, and you can skip ahead to 7:15 if you want to see me demonstrating how to use it.
Try and create a simple call and response style composition by yourself (no jam track) the way I did in the video. You can just stay on 1 chord if you want… or you can play a 1, 4, 5 – or whatever you want (regarding chords). As for the lead, try to limit yourself to just the 5 notes of the pentatonic scale… major or minor.
Don’t overthink it. The point of this exercise is for you to start using your ear and hearing simple melody ideas and how they relate to the chord that’s being played.
You can do this!
**If you need assistance with how to record yourself and post to the forum see this post**
GROUND RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. Post your Youtube, Vimeo, or Soundcloud links of you playing your chosen lesson anytime between Friday, January 29, through Sunday, January 31, 10:00 pm CST. Please do not submit earlier. I think it is fun to see everyone’s posts at once.
2. Submit individually in the “Active Melody Member Challenge Response Submissions” forum. Title your posts “January 2021 Challenge Response – [Your AM Screen Name]”
3. Please submit only a single video or audio file for this challenge.
4. Have fun and don’t be intimidated by these challenges!!! Use these challenges to help you set goals and complete them by a deadline. You can also use this as an opportunity to chat with your fellow Active Melody members and share tips or tricks on this challenge that you think are useful.
5. In my opinion, it is better to show progress versus perfection with these challenges. So if you are a beginner and can only play the first couple of measures. That is completely ok. If you play two more measures of the next challenge piece than you did the previous one, you are on track to getting better. This is what these challenges are about…you learning guitar and getting better. Remember we are all here to support you no matter what your current playing level is.
PREMIUM MEMBERS: DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE ACTIVE MELODY T-SHIRT CHALLENGE:
Premium members can earn a free AM T-Shirt as indicated here:
I look forward to seeing everyone’s posts! 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.