- This topic has 22 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 4 days, 14 hours ago by .
Hi Active Melody Community!
This month’s challenge is all about improvising. I want to hear what YOU can play! This will be using the MP3 jam track for lesson EP327. Download that jam track and play whatever you want on top of it.. it can be rhythm or lead, and can be whatever style you choose. Blues, Country, Jazz, etc.
So here’s how it works:
1) Go to EP327 and download the provided MP3 jam track (you can pick the normal or slow tempo)
2) Create your own rhythm or lead on top of that jam track (in any style that you want)
3) Let’s all comment (as always) on each others work and learn from each other. 🙂
**If you need assistance with how to record yourself and post to the forum see this post**
GROUND RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. Post your Youtube, Vimeo, or Soundcloud links of you playing your chosen lesson anytime between Friday, January 31, through Sunday, February 2, 10:00 pm CST. Please do not submit earlier. I think it is fun to see everyone’s posts at once.
2. Submit individually in the “Active Melody Member Challenge Response Submissions” forum. Title your posts “January 2020 Challenge Response – [Your AM Screen Name]”
3. If you submit more than one video or audio link for your challenge submission, please indicate in your challenge post which link you want to be added to the consolidated post. I will pick my favorite if one is not indicated. Only one video or audio link per member will be posted in the consolidated post. This saves me time and allows me to see more of my family on challenge submission weekends.
4. Have fun and don’t be intimidated by these challenges!!! Use these challenges to help you set goals and complete them by a deadline. You can also use this as an opportunity to chat with your fellow Active Melody members and share tips or tricks on this challenge that you think are useful.
5. In my opinion, it is better to show progress versus perfection with these challenges. So if you are a beginner and can only play the first couple of measures. That is completely ok. If you play two more measures of the next challenge piece than you did the previous one, you are on track to getting better. This is what these challenges are about…you learning guitar and getting better. Remember we are all here to support you no matter what your current playing level is.
PREMIUM MEMBERS: DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE ACTIVE MELODY T-SHIRT CHALLENGE:
Premium members can earn a free AM T-Shirt as indicated here:
I look forward to seeing everyone’s posts! 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.