- This topic has 61 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by .
Hi Active Melody Community!
Happy New Year! Let’s make 2016 our breakthrough year learning guitar at ActiveMelody.com. (Thanks to @Charjo for deeming 2016 as our “breakthrough year!”)
We are going to kick off 2016 with a 12 bar blues challenge.
GOALS FOR JANUARY 2016 MEMBER CHALLENGE:
1. Beginning Players: Be able to play smooth chord changes or a shuffle pattern within the 12 bar structure in the key of A or E with or without a jam track. (Note: Only BLG005 only has a jam track.)
1a. Beginning Player Extra Credit: Try taking a lead using Pattern 1 of the Blues Lead Course over the BLG005 Jam Track.
2. Intermediate/Advanced Players: Be able to play through either EP127 or BLG005 smoothly.
2a. Intermediate/Advanced Player Extra Credit: Play through both EP127 and BLG 005.
3. Participation Goal: 15 Active Melody Member Participant Videos/MP3 posted.
4. Focus on improvement and progress in your playing, not perfection. If you can play the challenge lesson flawless, great! If not, that is ok too. If you are better than yesterday in your playing then you are moving in the right direction with these challenges.
GROUND RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. Post your video OR MP3 submission of you playing EP127 and/or BLG005 anytime between Friday, January 29th to Sunday, January 31st. (i.e. The last weekend of January.) Please do not submit earlier. I think it is fun to see everyone’s posts at once. You can submit it as played and/or you can make it your own version. I encourage all of you to come up with something to add if you can. It can be improvised or planned and practiced.
2. Submit individually in the Showcase Your Playing forum. Title your posts “EP127 / BLG005 Challenge Response – Your First Name”
3. You can play these lesson(s) at any tempo you would like with or without the jam track.
4. Have fun and don’t be intimidated by these challenges!!! Use these challenges to help you set goals and complete them by a deadline. You can also use this as an opportunity to chat with your fellow Active Melody members and share tips or tricks on this challenge that you think are useful.
5. If you need help with how to record yourself and post it online check the videos in the Forum Help and Other Tutorials forum or send me a private message or email.
I look forward to seeing everyone’s posts! Happy Picking!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.