December 10, 2018 at 1:44 pm #118969
Hi Active Melody Community!
Let’s all get creative with this month’s site member challenge. I want to hear more of YOUR creations 🙂
So here’s how it works:
1) This month’s challenge is an “open challenge” – meaning you can play any lesson you want or you can improvise over any lesson jam track.
2) If you have your own compositions that you feel like sharing, you can share those instead. Make sure it’s something you own though – I don’t want to be dealing with copyrights 🙂
3) Let’s all comment (as always) on each others work and learn from each other. 🙂
**If you need assistance with how to record yourself and post to the forum see this post and/or private message me and I will be happy to help you out.**
GOALS FOR MEMBER CHALLENGE:
1. Beginners & Intermediate: You can play whatever your comfortable with (outlined above)
2. Advanced: Ok advanced pickers, share your own creation with us! I love hearing the creativity from this group 🙂
3. Participation Goal: 50 Active Melody Member Participant Videos/MP3 posted.
GROUND RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. Post your Youtube, Vimeo, or Soundcloud links of you playing your chosen lesson anytime between Friday, January 4th through Sunday, January 6th, 10:00 pm CST. Please do not submit earlier. I think it is fun to see everyone’s posts at once.
2. Submit individually in the “Active Melody Member Challenge Response Submissions” forum. Title your posts “December 2018 Challenge Response – [Your AM Screen Name]”
3. If you submit more than one video or audio link for your challenge submission, please indicate in your challenge post which link you want to be added to the consolidated post. I will pick my favorite if one is not indicated. Only one video or audio link per member will be posted in the consolidated post. This saves me time and allows me to see more of my family on challenge submission weekends.
4. Have fun and don’t be intimidated by these challenges!!! Use these challenges to help you set goals and complete them by a deadline. You can also use this as an opportunity to chat with your fellow Active Melody members and share tips or tricks on this challenge that you think are useful.
5. In my opinion, it is better to show progress versus perfection with these challenges. So if you are a beginner and can only play the first couple of measures. That is completely ok. If you play two more measures of the next challenge piece than you did the previous one, you are on track to getting better. This is what these challenges are about…you learning guitar and getting better. Remember we are all here to support you no matter what your current playing level is.
PREMIUM MEMBERS: DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE ACTIVE MELODY T-SHIRT CHALLENGE:
Premium members can earn a free AM T-Shirt as indicated here:
I look forward to seeing everyone’s posts! 🙂
December 10, 2018 at 2:07 pm #118972
Thank you, Brian! I can’t pass up an open challenge.
By the way, I’m consolidating the November posts. I’ll post them later today, or maybe tomorrow.
December 10, 2018 at 3:26 pm #118977
Great, now I have a problem because I don’t know what should I choose 😉
December 10, 2018 at 4:26 pm #118982
Thank you Don!
December 12, 2018 at 6:27 am #119092
wow great… I can’t pass up your challenge.
December 16, 2018 at 9:26 pm #119329
I think I might just give it a go for December Challenge. It will be my first.
December 16, 2018 at 10:01 pm #119331
I love it! fickle! lol.. hey thank you Don! Brian you are the best man! looking forward to December open challenge and will keep it under a couple minutes too short and sweet like most if not all you intro lessons! Merry Christmas too!
December 20, 2018 at 9:09 pm #119632
I’m in.. Will repost my poboys song as a re-mix.. so, anyone reading this, step it up..
Well, that's blues to me!.... 😛
January 7, 2019 at 7:13 am #121649
is it too late to enter one today? If not no problem, I will just put it in the “Showcase playing” thread.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.