- This topic has 32 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks, 1 day ago by .
Hi Active Melody Community!
So here’s how it’s going to work this month:
1) Download this MP3 jam track, created specifically for this challenge (this isn’t from a lesson) – if the MP3 file just automatically plays when you click the link, you’ll need to either RIGHT click on the link itself if you’re on a Windows computer and then choose the “Save As..” option. If you’re on a Mac, hold down the “Control” key and click on the link.
2) Play something along with the jam track – lead makes the most sense, but if you aren’t comfortable, you can always try and figure out the chords and strum those!
3) I’m not telling you what key it’s in or what the chords are – feel free to discuss that on the forum if need be, but try and figure it out by ear! It’s a great exercise and something you must eventually learn to do.
**If you need assistance with how to record yourself and post to the forum see this post**
GROUND RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. Post your Youtube, Vimeo, or Soundcloud links of you playing your chosen lesson anytime between Friday, August 28, through Sunday, August 30, 10:00 pm CST. Please do not submit earlier. I think it is fun to see everyone’s posts at once.
2. Submit individually in the “Active Melody Member Challenge Response Submissions” forum. Title your posts “August 2020 Challenge Response – [Your AM Screen Name]”
3. If you submit more than one video or audio link for your challenge submission, please indicate in your challenge post which link you want to be added to the consolidated post. I will pick my favorite if one is not indicated. Only one video or audio link per member will be posted in the consolidated post. This saves me time and allows me to see more of my family on challenge submission weekends.
4. Have fun and don’t be intimidated by these challenges!!! Use these challenges to help you set goals and complete them by a deadline. You can also use this as an opportunity to chat with your fellow Active Melody members and share tips or tricks on this challenge that you think are useful.
5. In my opinion, it is better to show progress versus perfection with these challenges. So if you are a beginner and can only play the first couple of measures. That is completely ok. If you play two more measures of the next challenge piece than you did the previous one, you are on track to getting better. This is what these challenges are about…you learning guitar and getting better. Remember we are all here to support you no matter what your current playing level is.
PREMIUM MEMBERS: DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE ACTIVE MELODY T-SHIRT CHALLENGE:
Premium members can earn a free AM T-Shirt as indicated here:
I look forward to seeing everyone’s posts! 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.